COVID-19 Update (4/17/2020)
We know a lot of you are still waiting for your Stimulus check/deposit. For those who didn’t receive theirs with the first distribution on Wednesday, April 15th, you may be able to find out when to expect it. The IRS launched the Get My Payment portal on Wednesday in efforts to help expedite the distribution of economic stimulus payments.
Through the portal, individuals are able to track the status of their payment, including the date a payment is scheduled to be deposited or mailed. Additionally, eligible individuals can provide their bank account information to receive payment more quickly.
COVID-19 Update (3/30/2020)
There is no higher priority for our entire Summit Federal family than the health and safety of our members and staff. As we adjust to the new rhythms of our daily lives, we once again want to share the most recent actions we’re taking. So that we can have as many staff members available to serve your needs during the week, we will be temporarily stopping office hours on Saturdays. Our regular hours in each office, for now, will remain the same except for Saturday. Please see our previous post regarding ways to transact your financial business without leaving the safety of your home.
As always, please call if you have any questions. Thank you and stay safe!
COVID-19 Update (3/24/2020)
As with everyone else, we are trying to keep our employees and members as safe as possible. With that, we are making changes to our operations almost daily. Please remember, there is very little need for most members to come into our offices. Please see below for a list of options to save you a trip.
Starting Wednesday, March 25th, we will have half of our staff working in the Akron Office and several from home. We will allow one member at a time into the lobby. Our Salem Office will be open during regular hours, and allowing one member in at a time. We will be open in Akron this Saturday only from 9:00 am to Noon, then will be closed on Saturdays until restrictions are lifted.
If you have questions, please call. Akron (330) 376-3626 Salem (330) 332-8543
BEFORE YOU COME IN
Here are ALTERNATIVE ways to BANK SAFELY!
Online Banking (WEB-24) using any device, allows you to:
- Update your personal information
- Make sure we can stay in touch
- View account activity and balances
- See transactions, balances and account statements
- Pay bills through Bill Pay
- Pay credit cards, loans, utilities and other bills
- Transfer money between accounts or request a check withdrawal
- Make a loan payment
- View cleared checks
- Apply for a loan
- Set up text alerts
Mobile Banking App allows you to:
- View account activity and balances
- See transactions, balances, and account statements
- Deposit Checks
- Snap a picture of your check to deposit it using Mobile Deposit Capture
- Pay Bills through Bill Pay
- Transfer money between accounts, make a loan payment
- Apply for a loan
Getting Cash To get cash from your account
- Use your debit card at an ATM (withdraw from checking or savings)
- Add cash to your purchase at the store to get cash back
- Cash a check at the grocery store
CALL-24 330-376-3626 ext. 7 OR 330-332-7010
- Review account activity and balances
- Transfer money and make loan payments
- Request savings withdrawals
Text Banking (must be set up for Web-24) allows you to:
- Review account activity and account balances
Deposits Alternatives to using Remote Deposit on Mobile Banking:
- Can be made at our Night Drop at each building. During this time, we will open it four times per day instead of the usual two.
- You can also mail deposits to: P O Box 1460, Akron, OH 44309-1460
Loan Applications Applying for a loan
- Apply for loans using our website
- We will also take an application over the phone
We can also accommodate electronic signing for most loans once approved
Summit Federal Credit Union is actively monitoring developments and guidance around the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our COVID-19 preparedness is coordinated as part of our credit union-wide business continuity efforts and is intended to allow us to support our members' needs with minimal disruption in the event of a pandemic outbreak.
Top of mind is the health and welfare of our employees and members. As a result, we have enacted the following precautionary measures, among others:
- Quarantining employees who have traveled to countries with Level 3 or higher travel advisories by the U.S. State Department, where there are pronounced COVID-19 outbreaks
- Limiting domestic business air travel
- Asking employees who exhibit flu-like symptoms to stay home
- Enabling some of our employees to work remotely
- Doing all we can to keep our employees abreast of COVID-19 developments
Currently, we are not experiencing unusual employee absenteeism and are conducting business as usual. As this is a rapidly changing situation, we will continue to keep you apprised as we know more.
Visiting Summit Federal Credit Union?
Please remember, many transactions don’t require you to come into the office. Deposits can be made through our Web-24 app remotely, by mail, or night deposit at our buildings, and you can make withdrawals through our network of ATMs with no fees or cash a check at your local grocery store.
If you are visiting our office and/or branch location, we respectfully ask members who have flu-like symptoms or have traveled to these countries (China, Iran, South Korea and or Italy) in the past 14 days that have a Level 3 or higher travel advisory by the U.S. State Department to meet instead by phone. If that’s not possible, conduct business by calling us from our parking lot and we will be happy to come out to assist you. We appreciate your support in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace environment.
Please contact Summit Federal Credit Union directly at 330-376-3626 and in Salem 330-332-8543 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org