COVID-19 Update (5/27/2021)
Masks will no longer be required effective June 2, 2021
As recommended by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, as of June 2nd: “Ohio will be amending our remaining health orders to comply with the new CDC guidance, which says that those who have been vaccinated no longer need to wear masks, while those who have not been vaccinated should still wear a mask and socially distance.”
Therefore, as of June 2nd, Summit FCU will no longer require staff or members entering our buildings to wear masks or face coverings. The Plexiglas barriers will remain in place for now, but the ropes in front of the teller windows will be removed along with the social distancing floor stickers. For anyone, employees and/or members, who have not been vaccinated, or who would prefer to wear masks, they are still welcome to do so.
COVID -19 Update (11/23/2020)
Summit FCU is doing everything we can to keep our doors open with this new wave of COVID-19, so here are some reminders:
- Upon entering a SFCU building, all entrants are required to properly wear a face covering. This is for your protection and ours.
- Please limit the number of people coming in to the lobby with you, to people who must be present for your transactions.
- Continue to practice social distancing.
- If you are feeling ill, please do not come inside the SFCU lobby. Most transactions are able to be done either online or over the phone. In person, call us from the parking lot and we will come out to you.
Remote Banking Options:
You may not have to come into our office at all. Here are some of your other options.
- Our internet banking (Web-24), can take care of most of your banking needs, including deposit, bill pay, and e-statements, in addition to our mobile app which includes all of this, plus remote deposit.
- There is also a ‘Night Deposit’ at each branch which we open multiple times during regular hours.
- Many loans can be handled either through the internet and/or phone, as well as electronic signatures, so that you don’t need to physically come into the branch.
- Touch-tone teller (Call-24). If you don’t have a smart phone, please use our Call-24 to get balances, account history, request a check withdrawal, or transfer money between your accounts
- Or, use our Text Banking. Text ‘MENU’ to 330-538-8445 (add this number to your phone's contact list) and you’ll receive a list of commands and how to use each one. Get more information here.
- Control every aspect of the use of your SFCU debit card with CardValet.
- Call us during business hours for assistance with any of the above. Akron: (330) 376-3626 or Salem: (330) 332-8543.
Find the nearest fee free ATM location to you using either Money Pass or Alliance One.
COVID-19 Update (11/20/2020)
Masks Required for Entry!
To enter a Summit FCU office, you must properly wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose at all times. For any person unable to wear a mask, our online services are available as well as our night deposit boxes. If you need in-person services and cannot wear a mask, please call us from our parking lot and we will come out to your car. Akron: 330-376-3626; Salem: 330-332-8543.
If you are feeling ill, please do not come into a Summit FCU office. In order to keep our offices open, we must protect our staff and members. Please be considerate of others.
COVID-19 Update (6/8/2020)
As some of the COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted from Ohio’s businesses, we are excited to announce the reopening of our lobbies on Wednesday, June 10th. We will be open regular hours, including Saturday.
Our highest priority remains the safety and well-being of our members, employees and the communities we serve. To protect employee and member health, the following policies will go into effect:
1. “Senior Hour” - We will be reserving the time between 9:00am – 10:00am daily (Mon-Fri). for our members ages 60 and over, as well as those with special needs.
2. We are asking all members to utilize caution if you are feeling ill. If you are not feeling well, we kindly ask that you utilize our other online services to conduct business. We request that ONLY members with credit union business come into the lobby. Family members and/or children are asked to wait safely outside.
3. Members are asked to stay at least 6’ apart while in lobbies. Please follow floor prompts and signs related to social distancing.
4. Members are asked to wear a mask or face covering that covers both nose and mouth. Please know that we may ask you to lower your mask so we can verify your identity for just a moment.
5. Summit FCU employees will continue to have their temperatures taken when they first enter the branch and will wear masks while interacting with members.
6. Tellers will be separated by a plastic barrier. Whenever possible, credit union employees will meet members in open spaces and not in enclosed offices. We request that you please refrain from touching or reaching around any barriers.
7. We will clean and sanitize high-traffic areas throughout the day and after close of business.
8. As always, if you are unable to come in, we will make accommodations by coming out to your car if necessary. Please call when you get here: Akron – (330) 376-3626 and Salem – (330) 332-8543.
9. We want to remind you that our internet banking (Web-24), can take care of many of your banking needs, including remote deposit. There is also a ‘Night Deposit’ at each branch which we open, up to 4 times per day, during regular hours. Also, many loans can be handled either through the internet and/or phone, as well as electronic signatures, so that you don’t need to physically come into the branch.
Please stay safe, and as always, thank you for being a member!
COVID-19 Update (4/17/2020)
We know a lot of you are still waiting for your Stimulus check/deposit. For those who didn’t receive theirs with the first distribution on Wednesday, April 15th, you may be able to find out when to expect it. The IRS launched the Get My Payment portal on Wednesday in efforts to help expedite the distribution of economic stimulus payments.
Through the portal, individuals are able to track the status of their payment, including the date a payment is scheduled to be deposited or mailed. Additionally, eligible individuals can provide their bank account information to receive payment more quickly.
COVID-19 Update (3/30/2020)
There is no higher priority for our entire Summit Federal family than the health and safety of our members and staff. As we adjust to the new rhythms of our daily lives, we once again want to share the most recent actions we’re taking. So that we can have as many staff members available to serve your needs during the week, we will be temporarily stopping office hours on Saturdays. Our regular hours in each office, for now, will remain the same except for Saturday. Please see our previous post regarding ways to transact your financial business without leaving the safety of your home.
As always, please call if you have any questions. Thank you and stay safe!
COVID-19 Update (3/24/2020)
As with everyone else, we are trying to keep our employees and members as safe as possible. With that, we are making changes to our operations almost daily. Please remember, there is very little need for most members to come into our offices. Please see below for a list of options to save you a trip.
Starting Wednesday, March 25th, we will have half of our staff working in the Akron Office and several from home. We will allow one member at a time into the lobby. Our Salem Office will be open during regular hours, and allowing one member in at a time. We will be open in Akron this Saturday only from 9:00 am to Noon, then will be closed on Saturdays until restrictions are lifted.
If you have questions, please call. Akron (330) 376-3626 Salem (330) 332-8543
BEFORE YOU COME IN
Here are ALTERNATIVE ways to BANK SAFELY!
Online Banking (WEB-24) using any device, allows you to:
- Update your personal information
- Make sure we can stay in touch
- View account activity and balances
- See transactions, balances and account statements
- Pay bills through Bill Pay
- Pay credit cards, loans, utilities and other bills
- Transfer money between accounts or request a check withdrawal
- Make a loan payment
- View cleared checks
- Apply for a loan
- Set up text alerts
Mobile Banking App allows you to:
- View account activity and balances
- See transactions, balances, and account statements
- Deposit Checks
- Snap a picture of your check to deposit it using Mobile Deposit Capture
- Pay Bills through Bill Pay
- Transfer money between accounts, make a loan payment
- Apply for a loan
Getting Cash To get cash from your account
- Use your debit card at an ATM (withdraw from checking or savings)
- Add cash to your purchase at the store to get cash back
- Cash a check at the grocery store
CALL-24 330-376-3626 ext. 7 OR 330-332-7010
- Review account activity and balances
- Transfer money and make loan payments
- Request savings withdrawals
Text Banking (must be set up for Web-24) allows you to:
- Review account activity and account balances
Deposits Alternatives to using Remote Deposit on Mobile Banking:
- Can be made at our Night Drop at each building. During this time, we will open it four times per day instead of the usual two.
- You can also mail deposits to: P O Box 1460, Akron, OH 44309-1460
Loan Applications Applying for a loan
- Apply for loans using our website
- We will also take an application over the phone
We can also accommodate electronic signing for most loans once approved
Summit Federal Credit Union is actively monitoring developments and guidance around the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our COVID-19 preparedness is coordinated as part of our credit union-wide business continuity efforts and is intended to allow us to support our members' needs with minimal disruption in the event of a pandemic outbreak.
Top of mind is the health and welfare of our employees and members. As a result, we have enacted the following precautionary measures, among others:
- Quarantining employees who have traveled to countries with Level 3 or higher travel advisories by the U.S. State Department, where there are pronounced COVID-19 outbreaks
- Limiting domestic business air travel
- Asking employees who exhibit flu-like symptoms to stay home
- Enabling some of our employees to work remotely
- Doing all we can to keep our employees abreast of COVID-19 developments
Currently, we are not experiencing unusual employee absenteeism and are conducting business as usual. As this is a rapidly changing situation, we will continue to keep you apprised as we know more.
Visiting Summit Federal Credit Union?
Please remember, many transactions don’t require you to come into the office. Deposits can be made through our Web-24 app remotely, by mail, or night deposit at our buildings, and you can make withdrawals through our network of ATMs with no fees or cash a check at your local grocery store.
If you are visiting our office and/or branch location, we respectfully ask members who have flu-like symptoms or have traveled to these countries (China, Iran, South Korea and or Italy) in the past 14 days that have a Level 3 or higher travel advisory by the U.S. State Department to meet instead by phone. If that’s not possible, conduct business by calling us from our parking lot and we will be happy to come out to assist you. We appreciate your support in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace environment.
Please contact Summit Federal Credit Union directly at 330-376-3626 and in Salem 330-332-8543 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org