Are you one of the millions of people affected by Friggatriskaidekaphobia, or the fear of Friday the 13th? It is known as one of the most unlucky (or lucky—depending on how you look at it) days of the year. If you are feeling a tad bit superstitious today, SFCU has you covered! We have compiled some of the best tips and tricks on how to avoid bad luck on this unlucky day:
- Keep a cricket by your side.
- Avoid unlucky numbers—like 13 and 666.
- Don’t use an umbrella inside.
- Turn around 7 times in a clockwise circle.
- Knock on wood 3 times.
- Don’t break any mirrors.
- Find a 4 leaf clover.
- Wear your clothes inside out.
- Sleep facing south.
- Carry an acorn in your pocket.
- Find a penny on the ground.
- Avoid stepping on cracks.
- Throw a pinch of salt over your left shoulder.
Friday, September 13, 2019 9:03:00 AM